Monday, January 25, 2010

God's Provision

It became undeniably obvious last week that while I have been "milking" the tires on my wife's Honda Pilot for over 70,000 miles now, for the safety of the MOST important people in my life it is time to put them to rest.
I took a little bit of time this past weekend to look at reviews of some of the most widely used tires for her vehicle and determined a couple of good options.
I went into Discount Tire this morning with a heavy heart though knowing that we don't have the $ to buy a set of cheap tires let alone a set of tires I feel comfortable that my family is riding on.
I got there shortly after they opened and talked with the guy at the desk. "yup, you need knew tires" he says to me. No surprise! Not to sound too cynical but He prob would have told me that even if I didn't (thankful that I have a dear friend that is honest with me and just so happens to have a "shop").
I had him price me a set of "middle of the road" tire. $700!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost fell over. I tried to keep from crying in the middle of a tire shop and asked about other options. Here is where it starts to get good!
Turns out that he didn't have that tire in stock but he could upgrade me for "no additional cost" to a Yokohama (better than Goodyear Intergrity) tire. Come to find out that there was an inventory issue and they didn't have the Yokohama tire in stock either so that manager decided to give a free upgrade (again) to a Goodyear Fortera silent armor (better than the Yokohama) tire.
I made the purchase with a heavy heart but praying the whole time that God would in some way provide the $ to cover this purchase.

After I get the tires I have to head directly to my seminary class. After class lets out I check my e-mail via my phone (which I rarely do). There is an e-mail from the chairman of our Shepherd Board (elder board) stating that the board had decided to give a one time gift to the salaried staff (we did not receive raises or bonuses this past year out of prudence for the economic situation).
The amount of the one time gift combined with a refund of our escrow acct from the home that we bought this past year completely covers the tires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll stop there but there aren't enough exclamation points that I could include at the end of that statement.

In Philippians Paul is talking to the Philippian church and is commending them for their faithful giving to him and to his work and his encourgaement to them is "And my God, will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen." Phil 4:19-20

AMEN.

No comments: