Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Philippians

May, June and July of this year have been the roughest stretch for me in a long time. Usually, there are home issues that hit and then at other times work issues that hit and at other times personal issues that hit but these past few months they all have hit all together.
It has been a low point for me in a lot of those areas.
I have questioned my call in ministry, I have questioned my ability to prioritize the way I should so that my family feels like they hold the top spot as they should, i have walked with a family through the loss of their mom to Leukemia (both of her girls are in our Sr. High group) and this month has started out with more of the same...we just lost one of our Jr. High leaders to a heart attack last Sat (he also has a son in our Jr High group & a daughter in our Children's ministry). 2 funerals this week...It just feels like A LOT is going on.

It is times like this that I REALLY wish I could get a glimpse into what God has going on in the midst of all these things.

One thing that has been cool for me though is that this summer I have had more parents and people thank me for the job that I do in the ministry here at DVBC than I have ever had before. Nothing really big just a parent stopping me and telling me that I have made a difference in the life of their kid & thanking me or someone in the hall of the church telling me that they are praying for me cause they know that working with JH and HS is such a hard but important thing, etc...God is showing His grace and love to me through these other people and I am just so thankful for that!

You might be wondering why I titled this blog Philippians...fair enough...well, this Summer I have spent a lot of time in the book of Philippians. reading it and re-reading it and studying it.

Rejoice is a word that is repeated by Paul throughout this letter like 9 times whether it be a statement of how he is rejoicing or an encouragement to the readers to rejoice no matter what.
Rejoice in Christ being proclaimed even through trials and hard times
Rejoice in death or in life
Rejoice in the Lord

There is a theme established throughout his letter of rejoicing and he is writing from PRISON.

Great reminder for me...helps me to re-focus.
Hopefully you are encouraged also if you could use some.

No comments: