Tuesday, August 11, 2009

In the Works

I've got a lot on my plate right now...I'm in one of those seasons that takes a lot of focused and time consuming work up front but will really pay off in the end.


Here are a few of the things..."in the works"
1) Completed Discipleship Ministry plan for 7-12 grades

2) Internship Plan (i am trying to develop an intern program here)

3) Parent Ministry- how can we reach out, touch and come along side the families of the students that we are ministering to.

4) Organizational System in the Youth Ministry- decentralize, my tendency is to hold on to the reigns a little too tight. I am trying to tap into my leaders gifts and abilities to equip and unleash them in different aspects of the ministry.


If you have thoughts or resources that you would recommend I would be interested.


I covet your prayers in this process if you are so inclined.
Here are some things I am praying for/about with regard to this current process.
-Creativity
-Future thinking
-Godly Wisdom and Discernment
-Humility to be able to honestly evaluate
-Courage to make the necesary changes that God is authoring

1 comment:

Dad and Mom said...

Great plan for your young people Pastor Mike! We will pray for your valuable ministry to those potential leaders. That way in a small way we will be part of all that! If you are as great at your youth ministry as you are husband and father it will be richly blessed!